07 June 2022

Are you planning to take an extended vacation far from home and require to have digital materials? Make sure to pack digital materials in case the WiFi is down

Let me share with you my experience from my most recent Arctic cruise. It sounded fantastic, National Geographic trip through the ice, and back with polar bears and other wildlife. There would be ice everywhere, snow everywhere. Man-made machines were designed to beat the elements and move through the frozen wilderness of the northern wilderness. It sounded like a magnificent task, an epic battle with the north weather, the north pole.
convert youtube to mp3 	on vacation

I was told to take with me all the technological equipment I could squeeze into my luggage. I did pack my laptop, however, I added the screen of a large size to make the space more spacious. I was informed that electricity wasn't a problem. The idea of an experiment - was a little bit unknown to me.. I did not realize that I'd be disconnected from my internet two days into my 14 day trip , and then disappear from Earth for the next ten days. When it happened, I was simply shocked. Any journey, no matter how difficult or long is going to cause me to disconnect from the internet. In addition to having unfinished business that I need to attend to over the next week, I also simply did not prepare for the downtime.

It doesn't matter whether you are forced to disconnect. Internet is available no matter where you are. If your internet connection is not working at home or is not working, just go to a McDonalds nearby and make use of their free WiFi to access what you require. It is also possible to bring your laptop and lounge in Starbucks all day long. No cafe or restaurant can assist you in the north. It's a long way to the nearest generator that generates electricity. You won't find free internet anywhere. Two alternatives are available in these circumstances: turn off your internet and bring your satellite access.

I can't afford a satellite phone, it is too expensive, especially to use for Internet access. I will prepare an audio and video library to use for the next trip without Internet. Last time I had two tracks. They were downloaded accidentally back when, so I was restricted in my selection of music to three songs from jazz and one track that I didn't recognize. That's it. 4 songs for 2 Weeks of nothingness. If I had known this was the case I would have planned. I would have loaded my laptop with movies, TV shows, and music videos. I would listen to my favorite podcasts for hours. It's easy to download them, then convert them into mp3 and save them to my laptop. Then, I could just lie in my room listening everything I love at home, but not have the time. It was my golden hour. Two weeks filled with gold. It was 2 weeks filled with staring at ceilings, and running away from passengers to be there every when they made a sound.

It was empty literally and figuratively. I've never been this bored. I knew the problem will eventually be due to the thick ice, and so the boat needed to change course and then be redirected back to the shores of civilization. This was not a surprise however, again, hours and hours of downtime could have been spent watching podcasts, listening to DIY videos on fixing home problems and listening to music. Next time , I'll convert Youtube videos into MP4 and mp3 formats on my laptop, then bring them with and enjoy my favourite tunes on my laptop. There's no reason to feel down music can always lift your spirits. Hulu as well as Netflix apps are able to download offline movies and shows. It is also possible to bring them with you for your long trip across the Arctic. It is not a good idea to spend your time bored. Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment