12 June 2022

The online video storage service is not reliable, sites may close or break. Here are the steps you can take to backup your social media presence on your laptop.

My personal story is not a big one... I was born, went through school, worked, then finally got something online. But, it also includes certain traumatic events that made me thought that my life was over. One of these moments was when my computer at my home suddenly stopped working. After some fiddling, changing my old desktop into the new one, and a bit more tinkering, I was eventually able to restore the entire work that was stored on the drive. It took me 3 days of sweating, and literally tears... Following that, I've learned one important thing - how to use Dropbox and personal ftp server to back up my files both manually and automatically my work day to ensure it is impossible to be deleted.
how to backup your social presence videos

But it's not the most efficient option. You'll have to pay more for maintaining your data storage online. It's quite simple and secure. It is able to be downloaded wherever the internet is available. But what happens when the internet is not available? It is very comforting to have my laptop with me at all times since it is my last resort for backups. I have two drives there, one for each HDD. This allows them to duplicate each other, and ensures that one copy remains in the event of a failure. Since I don't copy a lot the laptop doesn't work very often. This is the reason I hope that not 2 drives go out simultaneously.

My other great day of sadness came a few years ago. I'm cautious not to lose my work. In the same way I've now copied it many times over and am able to access it whenever the internet is accessible. It was not about Periscope. I used it a lot times in the past. I even conducted live streaming during the Riots in summer of 2020. Periscope TV has now been shut down, and all videos will disappear within weeks. What do I do? I'm looking to download all videos and save them to my computer. They are very important to me. This is the last time we've were together with my friend.

It's a website I use to download video clips from Youtube, Instagram, Facebook and many other sites. I am interested in politics as well as underground movements. So I film many live events, save certain ones for later, and then publish them on Youtube. Each time I complete live, I save it to my laptop. This is how I do it. Additionally, it lets me cross-post videos across different platforms. I can not only post YouTube videos on Facebook and upload the video onto Facebook and make it its own video in its own right. It turns out that I've got over 3TB of live streams that I've made in the last eight years. Periscope Lives aren't going away.. It's been very helpful to me a lot.

It works like a charm. After I have viewed the video I'm looking for I copy the URL by clicking the sharing link. Then, I go to the website for video downloads to copy the URL, then click the big button. In a matter of minutes, I am presented with a variety of options to download videos. Periscope can't be available on every website. But this one can.

If you were unaware, you can actually make windows copy command help you join these fragments to create a standard 1 long video file. It's because of MpegTS the video format that is used to break the video into fragments. Also called transport stream. The format for video used in fragments is Mpeg TS. It allows new users to stream from the middle of the stream without interruption. The browser can also save data since it only downloads the ones that are relevant to what you are watching. For example, if you only watch 25 seconds of the stream the player downloads just 3-4 fragments. In addition it will download the next 1-2 fragments. This reduces the amount of download needed to watch the stream in just 25 seconds.

No comments:

Post a Comment