07 May 2022

How do you avoid boredom when you work as an underground security guard during long hours

These are hard times. It's difficult to navigate the new gig economy. I was doing very well prior to the pandemic however, now as well as my main position as a dental assistant, i have to accept a night-time position as security guard at a nearby machine manufacturing plant. The machine is mostly automated. Workers are on hand throughout the day, and I'm a member of the night team. I have an emergency phone number to dial in the event of an accident, or when machinery stops functioning. I call engineers and/or contact the outside line to find more engineers. I don’t really do anything. They aren't even producing anything here so night guard is an ordinary switchboard attendant.

youtube downloader

in any case I do enjoy it. It's quiet. I am an extremely spooky sleeper. I am awoken by too much of a gas release at night however, here I am thriving, it's so quiet and machines provide a memorable white noise, perhaps that's what i need to try at home - proper ambient.. And so I stay up all night - half asleep and waiting for the time to wind down so I can go home earlier. I find it boring to spend the night and try new things to speed up the process. For example, last 2 weeks I've been practicing the dance I saw on Tik Tok it's not hard, but it's a bit difficult for me personally to repeat the dance, as it was created by a girl in her early teens, one of those famous Tik Tok sisters, and so it's quite difficult, because it's what they're famous for - the tiny complicated dances with simultaneous eye rolling and shoulder shakes.. I don’t know how to explain that stuff because I’m old.

I've been experimenting with new car fixing videos in recent months. Though I'm not sure how to put them into my car immediately, I enjoy watching others have their cars appear to be invincible. DIY videos are extremely informative and easy to follow. So I began running into another issue. I realized that my internet wouldn't start working within a few hours. Therefore, I was unable to do anything useful or watch videos. I managed to download Youtube videos, then save them on my phone, and then I was able to view the videos on my own without access to internet. It doesn't matter whether you stream it on a website or other online. If you download it from home, and then watch it on your phone when you don't have internet or another online connection. It's exactly the same as DVR for online videos.

Speaking of TV, I learned the ability to download the latest episodes, and even movies, onto my personal computer. Because my laptop has a larger screen and more powerful speakers, I've taken it into work. I signed up with HULU as well as Netflix. They allow you both to download their app. After a time, dependent on the length of the show, its quality options, and other variables, the video will be downloaded onto the device. This will allow it to be available anytime, anywhere, even without internet access. Even though the show is just 15 minutes long I still have the option of watching television while waiting for the train to work.

There are many other types of interesting or educational materials I can pick up at home, and then bring with me to work to make my speed of time pass faster. Youtube's webinars covering different methods of self-improvement are fantastic. But, I find it hard to understand the ideas they present in a one hour video. That's what I'm talking about. Do you know what I'm referring to?

My son sometimes goes working with me. There are days when my wife works nights shifts, making it difficult for us to stay home with our child. So I accompany him, place him near the computer screens and he sleeps in no time. I give him my laptop that includes a couple of music videos I just downloaded. He watches the crazed young performers on the screen. I'm content to keep doing my work on the phone, however the moment he gets up, he is awake. It is how we all can work better together by doing our thing. He seems to really enjoy coming with me, maybe because he ends up staying up most of the night. Isn't that what kids want sometimes?

No comments:

Post a Comment